This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Weber Sauces & Seasonings. The opinions and text are all mine.
Hot Pressed BBQ Chicken Wrap – Sliced grilled chicken, applewood brown sugar barbecue sauce, red onion, and melted cheddar all wrapped up in a tortilla and grilled makes for a quick and easy dinner!
I admit it! I’m obsessed with wraps everyone. I cannot stop! They are just so easy during the summer. They are perfect for lunch the next day too. I’ve made a Santa Fe version, a Chicken Popper version, and a Grilled Burrito one too. Plus, I have another one coming soon.
I’ve had this barbecue version in my head for a while now. I recently got the opportunity to try out the newly reformulated line of Weber BBQ sauces. And I must tell you, they did not disappoint! As soon as I tried the Applewood Brown Sugar version, I was sold! I want to put it on everything folks!!
I knew the Applewood Brown Sugar flavor would go perfect with my wrap vision I had going on in my head. What could go better with cheddar and onions people? I’m happy to say this wrap will be a recurring dinner in my house. Not only, is it very summer friendly, but it will be great once school starts too because it is quick and easy!
The newly reformulated Weber BBQ Sauces have a great bold flavor, and they baste perfectly onto chicken. The thick consistency really sticks to your food, and they’ve made this product high quality with no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, or artificial preservatives.
The new formula comes in other awesome flavors like Original, Honey, Sweet ‘N Spicy, and Hickory. You can find them in grocery stores for $3.49. Be sure to check them out on the Weber Seasonings page. In addition to the reformulated sauces, this summer Weber offers a variety of seasonings including a new line of rubs in Chili Lime, Honey Garlic, Sriracha and Kansas City BBQ flavors. Those all sound so good and perfect for summer backyard cookouts too!
So now I know you’re hungry, and the good news is that you don’t need a whole lot of ingredients to make this one tonight. The combination of the grilled chicken, the barbecue sauce, sauteed onions, and all that cheddar is AH-MAZING! And there is just something about grilling a wrap. It takes it to a whole other level! Your family will LOVE it!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 burrito size flour tortillas
- 5 tbsp Weber Applewood Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- 4 to 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat until cooked through completely, about 8 minutes per side. Shortly before removing from grill, baste chicken with 2 tbsp of barbecue sauce. After removing from grill, allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While chicken is grilling, heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and salt and pepper. Saute until onions begin to get translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Slice chicken.
- Onto each tortilla, place a slice of cheddar cheese, sliced chicken, sliced onion, about 1½ tbsp barbecue sauce, and top with 1 or 2 more slices of cheddar. Wrap it up folding in edges.
- Place seam side down in a skillet over medium heat. Press down and flip it once it is golden brown. Press it down again and remove once golden brown. (I like to press down the wrap with another skillet).
- Repeat with other tortilla and serve.